Tuesday 7 April 2009

Russell T Davies: interview


'Doctor Who' is back this Easter weekend for a one-off special, and in a Time Out exclusive departing head honcho Russell T Davies gives Gabriel Tate a taste of what to expect

So, what happens then?
'Ha ha! Yeah – an elephant falls on his head. Death by circus.'

Did you start with the Doctor's death write back from it, or the other way around?
'Interesting. I’ve known exactly how he would die for a couple of years, just as I did with Chris Eccleston. The detail has changed, but I always have an end point in mind. The journey has changed – some characters and so on – but I knew the why, the how and what the reaction would be. Ha ha! Like it’s real!'

Is he going to get to be with Rose?
'Shaddap! Give up now! Ha-ha! Wouldn’t it be brilliant though?I’d love to give away the entire ending. Can you imagine the BBC?'

I promise I won’t print it.
'Ha ha! I’m dying to do it one day, because what could they do? There’d be smoke coming out of people’s ears and they couldn’t stop me and they couldn’t stop you. Ha ha! What happens is, he does this, she does that…'

Aha, so 'he does this' – interesting…
'Ah, there you go. I’ve probably given away too much. Ha ha!'
Read the rest of the interview at Time Out London.

No comments:

Post a Comment